APLAR Master is an honorary award given to
• Prominent rheumatologist in recognition of outstanding contributions to the field of rheumatology or science through teaching, research, or professional services; or
• Prominent person not of APLAR origin but have contributed to science.
These contributions will have had significant impact within the APLAR region.
Nominee must either be a
• Rheumatologist who are member of an APLAR Member National Organisation; or
• Eminent Rheumatologist with origin from APLAR but permanently migrated outside of APLAR; or
• Eminent Rheumatologist not of APLAR origin but have contributed in the field of Rheumatology Nominee must be
• Member of his/her own national society organization for at least 20 years
• At least 65 years old before the due date of nomination
A Lifetime award, awarding up to
• 5 Eminent rheumatologists from APLAR MNO
• 1 Eminent rheumatologist with origin from APLAR but permanently migrated outside of APLAR
• 1 Eminent Rheumatologist not of APLAR origin, but have immensely contributed in the field of Rheumatology
The award consists of a framed certificate and will be announced at the opening ceremony of the APLAR annual meeting. Awardees will be advised prior to the annual congress. Labelled photograph of the awardee will be projected together with a synopsis of the nomination reasons to be read out.
Waived registration fee for APLAR Annual Meeting. Registration badge to be identified as APLAR Master.
The APLAR Master nomination form to be completed by the President of the MNO, and accompanied by a copy of the nominees CV.
President, President Elect, Immediate Past-President, Vice-Presidents, and Chair of the Scientific Committee
Nomination is currently closed
Prof Lyn March
Prof Syed Atiqul Haq
Prof Fengchun Zhang
Prof Shih-Tzu Tsai
Prof Worawit Louthrenoo
Prof Johannes W.J. Bijlsma
Prof Joseph Flood